TIRE LOGISTICS WITH HONOLD – ALL IMPORTANT SEGMENTS FROM ONE SOURCE
Honold has been an important link between tire manufacturers and wholesalers and retailers for many years. Our expertise in tire logistics is market leading and of high quality. In addition to the classic delivery of tires from production to the customers, we can take over all segments of the complete logistics chain and, in conjunction with our own truck fleet, ensure smooth, transparent and fast processing.
INTELLIGENT LOGISTICS SOLUTIONS FOR THE TIRE INDUSTRY
No matter if it’s a manufacturer, a wholesaler or a medium-sized tire distributor, Honold has a logistics solution that is precisely aligned with volume and requirements for each scenario. However, our understanding of tire logistics does not end with the takeover of products and their transport from A to B, but covers all relevant processes Supply Chain and goes even further.
First of all, our logisticians and dispatchers ensure that your tires reach their destination safely from production or large warehouse. In between, we can fulfill many more services for you. On the basis of extensive storage capacities, we can store your tires professionally if necessary, in order to supply dealers or garages quickly with tires, for example, before the winter / summer tire season. On request, tires picked up from the respective production sites can be mounted on rims in Honold’s premises on site, to be delivered later to the end customer as winter or summer complete wheels. All services relating to your tire logistics can also be carried out across borders, including the handling of customs formalities from Honold.
We tailor all steps perfectly to your needs and requirements so that you can rely on holistic, cost-effective and time-efficient tire logistics: an additional benefit for your budget and sales planning.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY AND QUANTITY CONTROL
When storing and delivering truck tires, car tires or motorcycle tires, we leave nothing to chance. The delivery of the established “dedicated tours” is continuously monitored and monitored. We rely on reliable technology. For example, warehouse processing is based on wireless data transmission with SAP EWM. In this way, we always know when and where your tires are located. At the same time, we can retrieve inventory or track deliveries in real time.
In combination with a continuous quality control of stock items and delivery conditions, we have the opportunity to meet our own high requirements and to constantly develop ourselves. The goal is always to create a perfect supply chain for our customers to handle time and costs as sparingly and efficiently as possible.
IMPORTANT BINDING PART IN THE TIRE INDUSTRY
Like no other consumer goods industry, the tire industry is subject to strong seasonal fluctuations. This creates major challenges for every logistics provider in terms of both means of transport and storage. Honold has met these requirements for many years at an industry-leading high level. Not for nothing do renowned manufacturers trust in our know-how and reliability.
One example is the tire manufacturer Continental. Find out more about the facts in this case study.
OUR SERVICES FOR TIRE MANUFACTURERS AND DEALERS IN BRIEF
- Labeling the tires with the EU label before transport to the end customer
- Mounting tires on rims for the production of complete wheels
- Upgrading winter tires with spikes
- Takeover and control of returns management for tire deliveries
- Processing of customs formalities for import, export or customs warehouse
- Material and quality-preserving tire storage
- Complete takeover of order processing from goods receipt to packaging and delivery
- flexible processing according to FiFo or LiFo principle adaptable to customer requirements
- intelligent DOT management
- continuous quality controls
- paperless radio warehouse control with modern SAP systems for transparent inventory control
YOUR BENEFITS WITH HONOLD AT TIRE LOGISTICS
- complete control of delivery status thanks to our own truck fleet
- industry leading environmental concept
- High-tech logistics for maximum efficiency and sustainability
- modern fleet and warehouse management for targeted warehousing and transport
- Very short delivery cycles thanks to integrated, intelligent and software-based tire storage
- Variable adaptation of delivery and storage volumes to seasonal and customer-specific requirements
- more than 100 years of experience in logistics planning and execution
- customized concepts for your tire logistics
- competent and personal contact person for your project
- flexible adaptation to modern e-commerce systems and ERP